This policy (together with our user terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through the Site will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Sites, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What we collect
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our Sites, transfer money using our Sites and when you report a problem with our Sites.
The information you give us may include:
- Name, address, job title and email address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Financial and credit card information
- Payment reason
- Geographic location
- Copies of identification
- Address proof
We may collect, store and use the following information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the website:
- Your visits to and use of the website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version)
- Internet Service Provider
- Operating system
- Referral source/exit pages
- Length of visit
- Page views
- Website navigation and search terms that you use
What we do with the information we gather
The main reason we use this information is to provide you with both an improved website experience and details about our products and services, but we (or third party data processors, agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf) may also use the information:
- To help us perform our services
- To assess the risk of performing our services
- To enable us to enforce our rights under our terms and conditions if necessary
- To administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our products and services
- As part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
- For promotional purposes including, without limitation, to share the personal data with businesses in our group and with selected third parties whom we believe have products or services that may be of interest to you
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If RationalFX or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long is your personal information retained?
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for providing our service to you, usually no more than 6 years after the end of the business relationship.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are a very small text file sent to your computer or internet-enabled device when you visit a website. This enables the website to recognise you should you re-visit the site at a later date.
Cookies used on our web sites do not contain any personal information and it is not possible to connect them to you or find out who you are in any way.
The EU Cookie Law
You can easily remove any cookies by simply selecting deleting cookies through your internet browser.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Further information concerning cookies and how to manage them to suit your preferences can be found by visiting All About Cookies or Cookie Central.
We currently set the following cookies:
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics tracking|
|Drupal||Drupal functionality, login, comments|
|rationalfx.us3.list-manage.com||Mailchimp cookie for signup|
|secure.rationalfx.com||Main platform cookie. Login & remember last currency used|
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How to contact us
Legal & Compliance,
Level 32, One Canada Square,
Alternatively, you can e-mail us via the Contact form.